Monday, March 27, 2006

radiation pictures



here's the latest picture (taken yesterday) of my son and his new dirt bike !!  they had just gotten back from a day of dirt bike riding in san jose .. dirt bike riding has become my son's current passion, along with working out at the gym with his dad 5 days a week (a healthy lifestyle if i do say so myself!!)  cute ain't he !! LOL



here's the first picture of me right before my first brain radiation therapy .. and also a picture of the technician taking my picture for their records .. just for the record, that "lump" on my left side is NOT the tumor .. i just have weird ribs when i'm skinny lol  the tumor is actually quite small .. and looking at my picture, i don't think i'm looking all that thin at all !!!!  the mask holds my head in place during the treatment but it also makes it so that i can't talk or open my eyes .. weird feeling !!!! :)



David took another shot of me before my first brain rads, but a bit further away to try to show the machine better .. what isn't shown is the actual part of the machine that transmits the radiation .. they hadn't moved that into place before the picture was taken .. i'm kind freaking out here cause i had NO idea what i actually looked like .. at least you can see how short my hair is now !!



this picture shows the machine set up for the radiation treatment to my left rib .. it is kinda looking like my entire left rib is wacked but its just cause i'm too skinny right now .. the actual tumor is quite small and is being "hidden" by the machine .. they outlined the tumor in blue permanent marker to help in locating the tumor during each treatment (and yes, that means i need to leave the marks on for 2 weeks hehe lucky me eh !!!)

(sorry that one picture turned out so big hehe .. i'm just too tired to go back and resize it .. lazy .. thats what i am .. pure and simple, i've become a lazy bum lol)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking at all the pictures of your kitties and you very goodlooking son.  I am so glad you got alittle good news.  Sorry I have not been by for the last couple of days....Having some pain when typing and doctors orders to stay off computer for awhile.  I just could not keep from checking in on you.  Hope you have a restful night.  Hugs.....TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

You look good in the pics!  Your color is good, you don't look toooo skinny... Yay for you!  Surrounding you with positive energy!!!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

What a handsome son you have Pam:) thank you for sharing what you have to go through

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh Pam....I think you are looking better every day, I almost cried when I saw you got your color back!!! Thanks for sharing what you have to go through, I so admire your courage.
Your son is just a hottie....plain & simple! How many girls does he have chasing and drooling over him? :)

All My Hopes & Prayers.....

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Bless your ever loving heart, you always have a smile on your face, no matter what they're poking you with! :)   I love that about you!  Such an inspiration!  And, you do look like you've put on some weight, and your hair IS growing back in, quite nicely!!

Look forward to your entries.. always.

You in are in my prayers and I'm sending you mucho healthy vibes!!

Huggs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others; you are looking SO Much better.

Anonymous said...

Amazing is what you are Pam......Amazing! And yes your boy and his new dirt bike are cute! lol lol lol

Anonymous said...

That is quite the machine! I wasn't expecting to see so much hair!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You (and your son) are looking good!  That would freak me out to have that mask on.  Good thing you took some anti-anxiety meds.  
Traci

Anonymous said...

Pam,

It's great the way you share all these experiences with us by way of the pictures.
You do look good and your son is verrrry handsome!  
You walk through this with such grace, humor, and courage - you continue to inspire.

Good thoughts!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

yes, your son is gorgeous, but are you sure that's a NEW dirt bike?  hehe do they sell them already dirtied-up like that?   i can't believe that machine and mask, ugh, what fun for you - not.  thanks for sharing, and i do think you look really great, too!  not too skinny either!  you are doing just great!   lots of hugs - phinney.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE NOT A LAZY BUM!!!  It must feel weird to not be able to talk or open your eyes...you are so incredible, all that you deal with and all that you go through, and yet with a smile on your face...Jae

Anonymous said...

You have the right to be lazy!  Thanks for sharing the pics.
Missie

Anonymous said...

You are one amazing person.  God bless you.
And yes, your son is cute.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures.  The radiation ones are interesting.  I hate big machines.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I don`t know how you do it, Pam. This is wonderful.
Hugs & Prayers,
http://deabvt.blogspot.com/
V

Anonymous said...

No matter what your day brings Pam, you always have that smile on your face, what an inspiration you are to all of us dear. Yea your kid is cute, know he's enjoying his dirt bike riding and great that he's working towards a healthy lifestyle, never to early to do that. Hugs to you dear.....AJ

Anonymous said...

You simply amaze me :-)    Rochelle