Tuesday, March 28, 2006

day 277 - doing the happy dance !!!



ask me .. cummon and ask me !!!

ya KNOW ya wanna ask me why i'm doing a happy dance this morning !!! LOL

'member just a few days ago i was griping and moaning cause back in april 2004 and august 2005 i had decided to work on printing out a hard copy of my journals .. seriously i was up to at least a thousand pages (mostly there were so many pages because i was printing out the comments too)

i was going on and on about how frustrated i was because during my "unconscious brain tumor time" (for lack of anything better to refer to the 2 1/2 months i was so out of it i was sleeping 20 hours a day, not eating for days on end and being too weak to even open my mail or pay my bills) .. i had misplaced my hard copy of my journal .. it is one of those things that i have on my own to do list .. to get it organized just in case i really DO decide to pursue publishing a book of sorts .. perhaps its just a pipe dream, but hey !  allow a girl to dream eh !!!! hehe

i found my copies of my journal yesterday !!!!!

i can't believe i just kind of calmed down, got in a good head space, and went straight to the 2 places where i had stored the copies .. i swear i went straight to the copies just like they were never misplaced !

last night i decided to start finishing the copies and get them organized .. i have them in 3 inch binders indexed by year and month .. these journals are so important to me for a variety of reasons and i can't begin to explain how it would effect me if i couldn't pass my journals on to my children later on down the road

so far i had printed out July 23, 2003 (the beginning) through October 29, 2004 and June 23, 2005 (day 1 after cancer diagnosis) to September 19, 2005 .. i figure i have about 200 journal entries left to print and got a healthy start last night by printing out November 1, 2004 through April 3, 2005 !!  

my son happened to come home (around midnight) while i was still working on printing out my journal .. my kids have always been aware of the fact that i have been keeping an online journal for the last almost 3 years but they've never really shown any interest in reading it .. which i am really OK with .. i don't think i could be as open if i knew my 2 children were sharing so much of my pain .. (i usually do the protective momma thingand try to shield them from pain) .. and there are times that they would be hurt because they read something in my journal before they heard it directly from me .. so i've never really encouraged them to read it, but they ARE aware of it

not only are my children aware of my journals importance in my life .. but they understand how therapeutic writing has always been for me .. they know how much my journaling friends mean to me .. i share with them each "award" or recognition i've received from different places .. the post article, the awards last year and the first year .. the fact that i can google my own name and actually have articles found .. i am still in awe that people can pick up what i'm trying to express from my heart .. never once in my wildest dreams did i ever think i'd publish my journal publicly

but i wander off track with my thoughts hehe

so while i'm printing my journal out last night i hollared into my son and asked him if he could hear me .. i read him the journal entry i had written about the April Fool's Day trick he played on me last year ..
http://journals.aol.com/his1desire/GirlsHeadNoise/entries/1121 and he surprised me by laughing out loud hehe

he told me that he was glad that i had written that down because he had forgotten about it !!  then he confessed to me that he really thought it had sounded like a good prank to pull but afterwards he felt so guilty for doing that to me .. and then it was MY turn to laugh and tell him that after pulling what he did, he DESERVED all the guilt LOL

and then i hugged him .. and i have a feeling he's going to appreciate reading my journal one day cause its filled with stories about my children that i never want to forget ::big big huge smiles::

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are wonderful.  just my opinion!

xo

Anonymous said...

ok. you've gone it. i'm sold. i'm going to start my own journal. i have commented on yours a few times....i'm amazed at your strength. i have tried to journal many times but, when it comes to talking about the tough stuff (my MS), I find my fingers gravitate towards ONE particular button.............<delete-delete-delete-delete> I hate to complain about my life.......I have rarely expressed my worries to my children. I know what you mean when you say we do everything to protect them. But, now I understand that the journaling will always be there........when my kids are older........they might want to read it........it might help them to understand why certain things happened. Problem is......it won't be a AOL journal since I cancelled my account a few months ago. I hated paying for something I wasn't really using.  

Hang in there. I love the pics you post of your kids. They make me smile. And,.......thanks.

zoe holst
(jandnchgo@aol.com)   i can have the email at AOL for $0.......just can't UTILIZE other features i think

Anonymous said...

Love the happy dance:) so glad you found your copies of the journal Stay strong Pam

Deb

Anonymous said...

Pamela,

Good, Good for you!  How wonderful!  That's just one less thing you need to worry about now.

You are sounding better and better every day.  I love hearing the enthusiam in your writing.

yvonne

Anonymous said...

I knew you would be able to find them!!!!!!!!!!  Yeah.  I know your children will get a kick out of seeing how much you have written of them.   And yeah, that book you can make out of them.

Love the happy dance squirrel!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Aww, Pam, great news that you don`t have to start over copying!
You sound great, and so does the book idea!
Hugs,
V

Anonymous said...

Way to go finding your journal copies, good for you Pam. Agree that one day your journal pages will be a special treasure for your children. Hope you are having a special day filkkled with happy moments......AJ

Anonymous said...

What a great idea printing out your journals....
Your kids will really enjoy them later....
Hugss...~Terri~

Anonymous said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOO Love the squirell!  and Happy Finders Keepers to ya.  I know one day these entries you've made will mean alot to your family and it just might be something that could inspire others in many years to come.  Good Work Pam!!
Sharon -

Anonymous said...

You could also put a copy on CD or DVD. I like your squirrel! If my beagles see it I am in big trouble.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that your printing out your journal so you and your kids have a hard copy.  That's a wonderful idea!  Maybe after your well, you could publish your journal into a book.
Missie

Anonymous said...

loved the pics
maybe you can get the journals copied and bound for each of the kids at kinkos--they may last longer than just in a binder--I'm not sure though!
Loved the cat pictures!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding the copies of your journal.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((PAM))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

A big hug from me darlin...your pal just up the road. :) Big smiles too.

LOVE, Carly :)

Anonymous said...

How awesome that your Journal did what is what supposed to do, and keep some fond memories in a safe place to be read whenever you want to share them!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

THAT is good news and I'm doin the happy dance with you and your little Squirril friend :) What wonderful memories for you all to treasure.

All My Hopes & Prayers......
Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have the journals too.  A great gift to all, especially your kids....

be well,
Dawn