Sunday, March 19, 2006

day 268

the groomers showed up yesterday afternoon and i tell ya Bubba is one happy camper !!  he's our only long hair cat and being indoor/outdoor its difficult to keep the mats under control .. one little thistle and its a mat waiting to happen .. when i returned home from 10 days in the hospital i realized right away that it was time to have him groomed .. he was so unhappy and uncomfortable he wasn't even acting like his usual bouncy self and had even started sleeping UNDER the bed instead of on top (what was up with that?)

he had his tummy shaved completely, his nails trimmed, ears cleaned and his first bath as an adult cat .. and his behavior has changed so much that he's taken Momma's standard sleeping place on my bed lol  he looks like he lost about 10 pounds of weight getting rid of that extra hair but he is so much happier i can't believe the difference !!!

i was happy to find a mobile service that came out on weekends .. the woman and her assistant were very pleasant to work with and i could tell immediately that they really cared about the pets they worked on .. and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg .. so if you're in the bay area of california and need mobile pet grooming service, i've got a company i can recommend

(i'm going to try to figure out how to transfer pictures from my camera to my computer a little bit later in the day) .. i'm kinda stuck in bed right now and don't have the energy to sit at my desk long enough to figure it out .. i woke up in a considerable amount of pain 2 hours ago .. i'm not sure if i was sleeping "wrong" but my rib was causing me so much pain i just couldn't stand it .. i took a couple of vicodin and i'm using a heating pad and combined the pain is tolerable .. unfortunately i have to cough and i'm not quite sure how to do this without causing myself a lot of pain lol

anyway i took a couple of "after" pictures of Bubba that i'll share as soon as i can get out of bed :)

i decided to spoil myself and buy my favorite candles online .. they are made by oxyfresh, they're soy candles (as opposed to parafin) and have the angel food scent .. i also got one of their holiday candles and some laundry detergent .. if you're into candles as much as i am. these candles are pure heaven .. even though the soy lasts twice as long as wax i burn through them really quickly .. anyway, the website is oxfresh . com and i can recommend all their household products and be confident that people will get their money's worth of product :)

even though my son technically "lives" with me, he really doesn't spend more than a couple of hours a day at the house .. he comes home, takes care of things i need done, we "hang" out for about an hour or so and then he takes off .. i am really comfortable with the arrangements because i don't feel as if he's stuck hanging around the house .. yesterday he did the grocery shopping, restaked one of the rose bush trees that had fallen over, and fed the squirrels .. come to find out he's been feeding them on a regular basis and hadn't even said anything to me !!  thats my boy !!  today he's putting in a couple of hours working for his aunt to earn "us" some spending money .. those were HIS words not mine lol

he's made sure that he'll be here tomorrow and tuesday for my doctors appointments .. and he's becoming quite an accomplished grocery shopper .. i'm rather picky about the brands of products i use and he stopped giving me a hard time about it lol

well happily the pain from my rib has all but gone away .. as much as i want to be off pain medication, i don't think there is anyway i can get through the day with my rib .. thankfully i have doctors who don't want me to suffer or be in pain

i'm going to try to catch a few more hours sleep .. wish me luck ;-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you will get a few more hours of sleep.  sleep works wonders.
glad your son is around when you need him to be, and glad to hear he was feeding the squriels without saying anything!  got to love him for doing things without being asked!
glad bubba is feeling better.  can't wait to see the pictures!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I have been lurking around your journal for quite some time and I thought today was a good day for a comment.  Your son sounds like a fantastic guy!  How old is he?  I'd love to see before and after pictures of your cat.  Sounds like he had a day at the spa!  (LOL)  Hope your pain can stay manageable today and you can relax a little.
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

All good (well except the rib pain) -

Anonymous said...

Pam I am glad you got Bubba groomed and he is now one happy camper ~ Hope you get time and the energy to transfer those pictures ~ and your rib soon heals so you are not in so much pain ~ Lovely to know your Son is about looking after you and the squirrels ~ how lovely he fed them without being told too ~ Sleep is a good healer hope you get some ~ Take care Pam my hopes and thoughts are with you ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

wow can't wait to the cat :) glad your son is here with you:)
hang in there and fight pam

Deb

Anonymous said...

Again, a big hug for your wonderful son! Tell him we love him for taking care of you! I think spoiling yourself a little bit is a good thing, and I can't wait to see the pics of the new and improved Bubba! Sending positive vibes your way (always!)
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Am so glad that you have your son there with you right now and he seems like such a great son at that.  Bet you are proud of the way he turned out.  Hope your pain goes away soon.  Good luck on the cig thing.  Your site quit.com is why I attempted to try to quite smoking.  Unfortunately, about two weeks ago, I got the urge and now have to come up with a new quit date.  Thanks for all your inspiring word and all the time you share with us.  Hugs, TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, what a great son you have, a very special person just like his mum xx

Anonymous said...

Pam,
I'm glad the Vicodin is helping with your pain and that it doesn't make you sick to your stomach to take it. Give your son a hug from me, never ceases to amaze me. But then why wouldn't he........when he has YOU for a Mom. :) Have you told them yet what news the Doctors gave you? I have been keeping it in my prayers and asking God to give you the strength and right words, I know they will be the toughest ones of your life.
Can't wait to see the pictures of Bubba :)

All My Hopes & Prayers............

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Pam,
I am so glad the rib pain has eased up some. That is a good son that you have, isn't it??? Hope you get the pictures in but don't tire yourself out trying! I just know that Bubba feels so much better! lol (One of My little chihuahuas is named Bubba!) Take care of yorself and stay strong,
hugs and prayers,
Carlene

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Bubba is feeling so much better.  I'm sure he enjoyed all of the attention!  Also glad your son is able to be there for you!  Get some rest, hun.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I'm just so glad your son is there with you.  What a blessing for you.  

Poor Bubba.  I bet he was miserable with all that matted hair.  Nice of you to hire a groomer for him.  

Like you, I love candles.  Perhaps I'll have to try out some of these oxfresh ones.  Normally I buy Yankee.  Thanks for the recommendation!

xO,
bridgett