Saturday, March 25, 2006

emotional support from Chemo Angels

last week after i was discharged from 9 days in the hospital following brain surgery, i received 3 cards and a beautiful flower arrangement from my Chemo Angels Erika and Sandy .. it brought me so much comfort to know that they had somehow found out about my surgery and they knew i was ok :)  Yea, ok, stupid me .. i've losted the email addresses for both my Angels so i can't thank them at the very least electronically sheesh (so Sandy and Erika, if you read this please resend me your email addresses ok? !!!)

yesterday i received 10 get well cards from an awesome group of special assignment Chemo Angels !!!

today i received 10 more get well cards from yet another group of special assignment Chemo Angels !!!

i tell you NOTHING compares to the feeling of winning the card lottery and getting 23 get well cards in the mail when i all i was expecting were more hospital and doctor bills (can YOU say $200,000 for 9 days ?!?!)

i am feeling like a child at christmas .. my son even commented on the number of cards i had received .. i told him its cause "i'm special" lol  and i swear thats how the cards and these ladies are making me feel !!!

i'm going to make sure and get the cards lined up and try to capture a picure of the cards .. they are beautiful and so unexpected !!  i'm loving the attention hehe  i've never received 23 cards for anything in my life !!!!!

i'm tickled pink, and kinda choked up with happy tears and i thought i'd share with my good friends :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very special lady...so just enjoy them all!  You deserve each and every one of them!!

Anonymous said...

you are special Pam :) stay strong

Deb

Anonymous said...

You ARE special...and not in that "Ridin' the Short Bus for Special People" kind of way.

xoxoxo,
andi

hahaaaaaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

My Mom loved getting her "angel mail", too.  It is nice they are taking special care of you during this difficult time!  Jae

Anonymous said...

You are very special Pam =)
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

You are a special woman Pam and I'm glad your Chemo Angels help you through and make you smile!  :)

Anonymous said...

All caught up again! :) Of course you feel special Pam.....you ARE special :) I'm so glad you have these most wonderful angels blessing your life.....I'll add special thanks about them to my "Pamela Prayers" tonight. I'm sendinging calming thoughts and peace filled feelings your way for your radiation.....Please know how much I care about you.

All My Hopes & Prayers....................

Many Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Angel Girl....

If you only knew how many you could be receiving if we all had your address! Ha! You'd be like Santa Claus in Miracle on 34th Street! HA! Which by the way the remake is on right now. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Pam so many have said this before me ~ But you are very "Special" ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

How special you are!  That is so cool to get so many cards!  What a blessing!
Traci

Anonymous said...

hi pam,

so happy to hear that there are so many people that are caring about and for you.  that makes a big difference in recovery.

you've been through so much, especially recently so don't forget to take extra care of yourself and let others do as much as they can for you.

hugs,
star

Anonymous said...

That's great Pam - you have some wonderful angels!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love getting cards too.  Never got that many though!

I am so glad that you got hooked up with the Chemo Angels.  They do sound heavenly.  

Hope you are feeling good these days.  Sounds like you are.

Take care,

Kathy

Anonymous said...

You amaze me Pam. I am so happy that you got so many cards.
God Bless You,
Louise

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Pam)))))))))))))))))))))  Ready for cookies yet? ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies