Tuesday, December 20, 2005

i'm back hehe

not that i actually "went" anywhere mind you .. except back and forth to radiation .. i've completed my 17th radiation treatment (of 33 scheduled treatments) as of today .. and of course chemotherapy .. i just finished my 3rd on friday (out of 6 scheduled)

now, the reason i've been hiding is because of the tests yesterday .. my third brain scan and my 3rd CT scan of my neck and chest .. to see if the treatments are making any progress on the tumor and my lymph nodes and also to check and try to confirm the brain cancer .. the question mark in my brain, which started out on the right side; moved to the left side; has now moved back over to the right side .. not exactly behavior that allows them to confirm anything (that would be NOT bad news) .. we've always kinda known from the get-go that i have a very stubborn tumor .. so that wasn't really any surprise to me that it hasn't changed .. but it hasn't gotten bigger

they're changing my combination of pain killers again .. the last combo worked really good since i was in the hospital on the 6th and i've actually been able to get rid of the pain in my esophagus enough to gain weight .. but the last 2 days i've been feeling that stinging pain in my chest and neck again so the doc is switching up meds to see if any other combo works better .. i'm on double the morphine patches and double the liquid vicodin .. if this doesn't work, he's eliminating the patches and vicodin and putting me on liquid morphine .. anything is ok with me as long as i can eat and drink :)

my son came home from college in hawaii last night .. i had to wait up till 12:30 this morning and when i finally laid eyes on him i felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest .. he looks like a 20 year old hawaiian hippy lol .. a cute one at that :)  right now he's sleeping in his sisters room .. from what i understand they had a going away party for him and he partied it up pretty good before he came out here .. i imagine its going to take a few days for it to wear off .. poor baby lol

my friend Rover has disappeared .. he took off to go pick up a "check" and we haven't seen him since .. his friend, Julie, that he had left here to stay with me went out looking for him, but they ended up arguing and not knowing what to do, she came back here to stay .. no matter which way i look at this, our mutual friend has basically abandoned her at my house .. assuming i suppose that i'd take care of her .. word dude .. i've got enough on my plate and i don't appreciate you treating me like this .. i can't believe i was so excited about seeing my long lost friend .. guess he lost more along the way than i ever imagined

i'm not sure whats going to happen, but i do know i don't have the heart to kick anyone out on the street .. especially not during the winter .. especially not at christmas .. mostly i'm just disappointed over how Rover treated 2 of his "friends" .. bad bad dog

i have some pictures to show y'all of the hats that Rhonda had Dee crochet for me .. they are absolutely beautiful and i've already given one away to another lady who had lost all her hair because of chemo .. thank you both for being a part of something that makes other people smile :)

i'll make sure and post pics of these beautiful chemo caps as soon as i'm strong enough

on that note ~ i think its time for me to lay down and relax for a bit .. i hope y'all are enjoying the wonderful winter weather we're having !!!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, my winter weather and yours are not the same, lol. I have a small 'accidental' Christmas tree growing at the base of my downspout in front of my house - it most definately made me think of you! I am glad your son is home, and Pam, he IS a Hawaiian hippy now!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you son is home.....and that he has a bed to sleep on.  As for the other visitor, well, what can you do?


Jesus what a homeless bum too.

Please keep us posted on the brain scan.   xxoo

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your son is home.
Sorry to hear about your other house guest.
Keeping you in my prayers.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh pam i am so glad your son is home:) Stay strong and have a merry christmas:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Well, if you have the energy, pray for my neighbor's 18 month old who is going to Vanderbilt Children's hospital tomorrow for round 4 of chemo.  His tumor has shrunk from grapefruit sized to golf ball sized.  However, he still needs a miracle as his body produces this cancer.  
Sorry about your accidental houseguest and happy about your planned one!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Some people!  I can not  believe that your friend did that to you.  You would think he was the one with a brain tumor! idiot!  I hope that you have a great time with your son!  And if we don't hear from you again til Christmas have a great one.  Your Friend TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

iif that dog returns kick him to th e street!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Pam thanks for updating.  Boy as usual you have lots going on your way.  So glad your son made it home, that had to be a really happy moment when you saw him and got to hug him.  So glad he's with you.  Well your brain scan and 3rd C didn't show bad news and not getting larger is great.  Bless you for allowing Julie to stay with you through the holidays; shows what special kind of lady you are.  Now Rover that's another story, didn't feel comfy when you said they showed up but, thought well they can help you out  and keep watch over you until your kids come, so gave them the benefit of the doubt. Think that's one "friend" I'd be crossing off my Christmas card list for sure. Hang in there dear, enjoy your son being home with you and may all the beauty of Christmas touch your heart....AJ

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful you're actually gaining weight!  Good for you.  Hopefully this new combo of pain meds will do the trick for you.

Can't believe your friend abandoned you like that.  Obviously not quite the friend you thought...but  how disappointing!  

So glad your son made it home safe and sound!  A 20 year old Hawaiian hippy doesn't sound too bad to me!!  We want pictures!!  LOL

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I only hope that the hats are half as beautiful as you are! What a wonderful person you are. You have taught me so much! Thank you so much for being you.   Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Whew! I was worried about you.  I know you are happy to have your son home.  Hug him as much as you can!!! As for Rover....I think this could have been the plan all along. Big Fat Jerk!!!!! Now you feel responsible for her.  How old is she?  I think I would politely start suggesting she contact her own family so that you can spend your holidays with your children and not feel like you have to entertain.  Happy you are home and safe. Barbara

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder where you were!  I'm glad that the tumor hasn't gotten bigger, that is good news, right?  I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, darlin.

And as for your friend Rover--Can we say @$$ hole?  @@.  Men.
xoxo,
Heather
http://singingwithmyheart.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your son is home, Pam, just the medicine you need! Sorry that damn tumor hasn't gotten smaller....but it will, IT WILL!!! I know the path to wellness has been lined with many bumps, but soon that pavement is going to straighten out so you can fly. I have much faith that this is going to happen, so lean on me when you get emotionally weary....I'm always here for you.
Enjoy your babies.....soak up their love and let it warm your soul. :)

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Love & prayers, Pammers.
V

Anonymous said...

Hey Angel Girl...

Glad to hear from you. Sorry you are in pain & I hope the new meds work. I'm so glad you son is home for the holidays. It will make it so much better. Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

glad your son is home now with you for the holidays -

the best present, eh?

enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I'm here to read and start commenting. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers too. You are such a fighter. Take care! Lisa Jo

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, Pam.  Blessings and warm hugs to you.    ~Phinney

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to stop in and give you your Christmas HUG!

(and kiss all over yer face, too!)

;)

xoxoxoxo,
andi

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Pam and all, Chemo Angel Sandy here telling the kitties that the doggies(Bailey the Shih Tzu and Satine the Bichon) are wishing them a very Merry and hope they get goodies like they think they are. Pam YOU know my thoughts ,love and prayers are with you. Enjoy these holidays with the kids and family.
Shame upon Rover but honey you've got enough and you are gonna have to tell the young lady BYE. Peace
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen any words from you since Dec. 20th, but know you are busy like all the rest of us with your kids, the holiday and your extra guest.  Just want to wish you a beautiful, peaceful and blessed Christmas, Pam.  You'll be in my special thoughts...........AJ  

Anonymous said...

GLAD YOU ARE BACK!  Cya, Kris  BTW  Sorry about the Rover issue. . . What a bummer. . .

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Pamela!  I miss you and hope you are having nice holidays with your family!

Regarding your friend, I'm very sorry about that.  I was worried but hopeful that it would not turn out that way.  Please take care.  Love you to bits!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Pam. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Pam!!!!


Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Just Dropping in today to say Merry Christmas!! Haven't seen anything from you in a couple of days. I'm hoping that means you are so busy enjoying your kids and the holidays you don't have anytime left over!!!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

just stopping by to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas-- Love reading your journal.  
Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Pam...

Hoping your visit is going so well you have forgotten all about us!!!

xxoo

Anonymous said...

Pam sure you busy with the kid there, treatments, all the stuff holidays entail, but thinking and worrying about you, has been a while since we've heard anything from you dear.......please let us know how you are.   We are.....AJ

Anonymous said...

Pam, I have been thinking of you but due to a family situation, I haven't been reading many of my favorite journals.  Caught up with you today!  Hang in there!  It sounds like you're doing pretty good!  I am so happy that you've had your son there with you.  My son is making me a grandma for the first time in August 06!  I can't wait!  Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

sending Christmas hugs your way Pam -

just getting around to making the rounds, as it were -

prayers for a healthy New Year for you!

love,
flora

Anonymous said...

It's almost Christmas again Pamela.
The first Christmas without you.  I know your kids must be missing you terribly, but I know that somehow, someway you are surrounding them with your love.
I so miss you.  I get emails with funny stuff and I still think Pamela would love this I have to send it to her.

Hope that you are having the most magnificant Christmas ever.  Oh to be where you are for Christmas.  Spread your wings Pamela and shower us with love.

Kathy